Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Knitting on the Train

I have about an hour commute (each way) on the train/bus to get to work. So far, it's proving very fruitful in terms of knitting & audiobooks.

I'm managing one book per week on the commute, and I've got about 6 more books that have been converted to MP3 for my iPhone so I'm set for the next few weeks. This is more books I've finished (although not read) than I have in the past year, which is a sad thing in of itself, but I find myself enjoying the audio books immensely.

And, it's allowed me to work & finish a couple of knitting projects, which is nice.
- I finished up the double-knit scarf.
- started a cable scarf
- finished a dishcloth with a checkered pattern
- finished a dishcloth with an entrelac pattern -- which was annoying at first, but once I got the hang of the pattern, it got easier. I *might* do an entrelac scarf later, once I finish up the projects I have on hand now.

- started on a singular sock with completed ribbing -- although I have to say DPNs are rather annoying, esp. the size 10 neeldes with chunky weight yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment