Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Knitting for Work

Work is an icebox -- even the GUYS have sweaters/coats, etc, to wear when it gets too cold for them. Our group Admin tells me that it's been a problem for a long time, and there have been many attempts to fix the problem, but alas, to no avail. The cold persists no matter if it's 50 or 80 deg. F outside.

The guys have put up posters/t-shirts around the ventilation ducts that sit above their cubes. Our Admin has a few fleece-y shawls that she wears.

I started bringing in a few of my lighter scarves so I can wear them around the office. And, I'm finally making use of the full-size cashmere/silk wrap (made in Pakistan) I found at the thrift store for a few dollars.

I've also taken to wearing fingerless mitts on occasion. I need to knit more small shawls/cowls/neck wraps of varying colors to match my outfits because, it's FREEZING in here.

Luckily, I have the Travelling Woman on the needles right now, using Knit Picks stroll fingering weight yarn. It's a nice small and easy project, PLUS it won't matter when I finish it, because I don't think the temperature control will be fixed anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment