Friday, November 5, 2010

WIPs: Socks

Isn't it pretty?

Earth, Sky, Water

I love all the blues, greens, and browns. It reminds me of a mountain next to a lake. The blue of the lake & sky, the brown of the mountain, and the green of the trees. I'm calling the sock, Earth, Sea, Sky Socks (say that 3x fast....)

The yarn is Sheeps Feet by the Sheep Shop Yarn Company, and I am loving this yarn. This is the second pair of socks I've made with this yarn, and I do like the colorways and the thickness of the fabric.

The pattern is Cat Bordhi's Upstream Master Sock pattern (which serves as my vanilla sock pattern), as it's one of the better fitting sock patterns for my feet. (My feet are on the flatter side, so having the gusset on the instep versus the sole works well for me.)

The ribbing of the cuff is a faceted 1x1 rib, where the knit stitches are slipped every other round -- much like a reinforced heel on a toe-up sock. And so far, they fit very well.

This is my 'mindless' knitting project, for those times when I might need to put a project down and not worry about where I am in the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment