Thursday, May 26, 2011

Getting My Sock Mojo Back

For about 2 months, I kinda lost my sock mojo. Maybe it was because I had a foot injury and couldn't wear my hand-knit socks (they bothered the surgery area too much)....or shoes....in fact, walking was a bit of a problem too.

Well, that's changing. I'm slowly starting to walk again, and my doctor recommended that I get some clogs to help with the walking part.

Yup. You heard correctly, clogs. So I went to the store, and took a look at Dansko clogs. I was a little bit skeptical on the concept of wearing clogs could help me walk better, but who am I to argue with my surgeon?

Did you know that clogs have a tag on the box that says "American Podiatrist Medical Association Approved?" I didn't know that. I bet my doctor did. :-)

_MG_0940

So, I got these lovely red beauties at the store. I had a 20% off coupon AND a gift certificate, so the price was about right.


And wouldn't you know it? They actually DO help me walk better. Of course, I need to wear socks with these shoes.

So, I immediately cast on for a new pair socks....

_MG_0939

'Coz new socks should be had with new shoes, right? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment