Wednesday, July 30, 2014

SDCC Masquerade Project #12 - The 10th Doctor Who Suit: Bonus Femme

I wonder if anyone noticed my numbering system for these super seekrit (not-so-seekrit) masquerade costuming blog posts (whew that was a mouthful).

If you did, then just know that I planned it that way, intentionally. And if you didn't, keep reading, and I'll explain it at the end.

For this very last post, I wanted to show you the last and final bonus piece I made for my 10th Doctor Suit. I wanted something a bit more femme, but still in keeping with the suit concept. There have been many Femme 10th Doctors (just do a search on 10th doctor femme) or check out this Tumblr.

I had enough fabric to do a waistcoat, and I had been saving all of my usable sized scraps for little things, like welts and the ilk.  I made the fronts & welts out of the fashion fabric and used lining fabric for the back and lining pieces.


Then it was a matter of adding buttons and viola! A waistcoat to add to a full three-piece suit Doctor Who ensemble! (I wore this outfit the day after the SDCC Masquerade along with a cross-play Rose Tyler, just to make things interesting.


Now, if you've read this far, and have not yet guessed the numbering system, well, there are 12 known doctors (not counting the War Doctor, which is not officially given a number). And currently, (at the time of this writing), not much is known about the 12th Doctor because the season hasn't started, so this post is really a short bonus posts.

So, in summation, there are TWELVE numbered posts (not counting the 1/2 posts scattered here and there). Plus, our SDCC skit was named "Twelve" (which is a happy coincidence_. Twelve posts for each of the 12 Doctors. And yes, I did actually plan it out that way

No comments:

Post a Comment