Sunday, September 14, 2014

Learning How to Leather Carve

I've always been impressed by many artists who have done some amazing leather tooling (i.e. leather carving). I've done some basic leatherworking over time, but I have never done any leather tooling, so I thought I might rectify that oversight.

The Internet is an amazing resource to look up nearly everything that you want to do. There are a ton of tutorials and videos on leather carving. I spent a little bit of time watching some Youtube videos and reading up on leather carving about some of the basics, basic tools, etc., that I would need.

The Tandy leather store was having a September sale, so I picked up a few things that I didn't have just so I could play with leather carving:
After I got everything in place, I just started practicing with some simple basic designs. Here are two examples:


    Here are a couple of the resources I looked at on the web. There are a lot, so I suggest doing a Google search on leather carving.

    Sample resources:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment