Friday, December 11, 2015

Quick Knit Sweater

After the disaster with my sock that I put into time-out, I wanted to start a quick knit project, preferably another sweater that just involved stockinette. (It's been COLD lately.) So, I went to my Ravelry queue and looked at projects for which I had yarn.

I came across, ICED, on Knitty. It pretty much met my requirements.
  • I had the yarn, which was Queensland Kathmandu Chunky (merino, cashmere, and silk). 
  • It was a sweater.
  • It was primarily stockinette.
  • Many Ravelers said that it was a really quick knit.
So, on a Friday evening, I swatched and got gauge at a US 10.5 (after steam blocking).



I pretty much knit on it non-stop over the entire weekend, which gave me half a sweater. I knitted at work during meetings, and even at the Mythbusters tour.



By Wednesday, I had the full body of the sweater completed, including adding pockets!


I still need to add the sleeves and collar, but if this continues at this pace, I'll have finished a sweater in two weeks! Woohoo

No comments:

Post a Comment