Monday, February 8, 2016

Falling Behind

I'm really behind on things. The whole of January was unproductive and super busy at the same time. First, I caught a most horrible cold from the Viking and was laid up for nearly a week. My view of the world looked like this:


My cats were super happy that I basically spent a week sleeping either on the couch or on the bed. It meant that I cuddled.with them But even after I got better, I had a lingering cough that went on for weeks. But, unfortunately, all that coughing meant that my back was not happy. I basically threw out my back, which prevented me from doing a lot of the things I was hoping to accomplish.

If I wasn't sick, I was traveling. I saw a lot of this...


And the inside of hotels, which didn't help my back at all.


For four days, I spent time with my co-workers in a hotel convention center. It's not what I would consider the most optimal of fun. However, there were also archery tournaments. I spent two weekends at some of my first large tournaments....four days for each tournament.


With several thousand archers.
I saw the inside of a lot of hotel rooms.

  

By my tally, that's about 12 days worth of traveling plus 7 days of being sick -- 2/3rds of the month!! When I was home, I was getting caught up on stuff like work, household chores, and other non-crafty things. Sufficed to say, extremly unproductive, but yet super busy.

Fortunately, I managed to get some knitting done while I was traveling, which was good, but I'm sorely behind on a lot of my sewing and cosplay projects, including the costumes for GallifreyOne that's coming up this weekend.

I had such grand plans.....Oh well. There are other conventions around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment