Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tardis Gloves

For Gallifrey One 2012, I decided to go ahead and create a pair of Tardis gloves for myself. After poking around Ravelry, I saw that there were quite a few Tardis patterns, including gloves.

None of them QUITE fit what I wanted, although some came close. I looked up photos of the different Tardis from the Doctor Who: The TARDIS Handbook-- which we happened to have handy around the house -- coz we're geeky like that.


So, I noodled around on the Google docs spreadsheet and came up with my own pattern. I saw that some of the existing glove used purls to either denote the windows or the paneling. I didn't like that. Some didn't have the right number of panels or windows.

I also wanted to have POLICE BOX on each hand, but no matter how much I played with the spreadsheet, I couldn't fit both words onto the small space at the top without having it wrap around to the back of the hand. So, on that front, I compromised.

I made my first one, and had some issues with the thumb placement, which I subsequently corrected in the 2nd glove. But, still, it ain't too bad (despite my lack of duplicate stich skills). Regardless, I got plenty of complients at Gallifrey One.


Glove 1Glove 2

Eventually, I'll get around to posting up my chart, once I've cleaned up all of the notes I made on it.

1 comment:

  1. They are cute, and they work. If you get the pattern to where you are happy, I would love to have it. It might be something fun for Ravelympics. I'm looking for short projects, because I'm Treasurer of Mythcon in the middle of the Olympics! Oy. And I'm part of Team TARDIS, so I'm looking for Doctor Who/TARDIS projects.

    ReplyDelete