Monday, December 31, 2012

Beading

My SIL makes jewelry as part of her job, so over the holidays, we were able to sit down a bead a little bit. I had acquired a fair bit of lampwork and beads from a bead show one year, and had been unable to create anything due to time or lack of inspiration.

However, my SIL helped me get inspired and I was able to put together some very beautiful pieces. (All of the lampwork beads are from gracebeads.com). Many of these are a mixture of glass, stone, metal, or horn.

I love making jewelry for myself because it gives me some flexibility in what I want to wear on a daily basis. And, these pieces are one-of-a-kind, as I don't make to sell.

Matching Necklace & Bracelet. 

Made with Lampwork & Malachite with Silver beads

  Green lampwork, stone, and silver Stone & Silver

Bronze & Emerald pendant.

Beads are: jade, carnelian, bronze. The pendant is from Dragon's Treasure.
Bronze, Jade, and Carnelian

Red Lampwork beads

With horn, onyx (or jet), and carnelian beads
Red Lampwork beads with horn & Onyx

Owl Pendant &; Bracelet Set

Lampwork owl & donut beads. Other beads include: opalite, silver, lapis
Owl with lampwork beads, silver, and lapis Lampwork bracelet to match the owl

Lampwork Beads

With faceted blue tiger eye, green pearls, and silver beads. The center silver bead is from  Green Girl Designs.
Lampwork beads with jade, pearl, and silver beads

Red Lampwork

with silver & red dyed horn.
Red lampwork beads with horn, garnet, and silver beads

No comments:

Post a Comment