Thursday, January 24, 2013

Practice Makes Perfect

Since the holidays, I've been a little neglectful of my spinning, which is sad, because I love spinning. It's very relaxing, and I use it to meditate a bit each day.

So, to get back into the swing of things, I've been practicing woolen spinning on my Ashford Traddy. It's an unknown purple fiber that I picked up at my LYS yarn swap. I'm pretty sure it's Frabjous Fibers AND I'm pretty sure it has merino or polwarth.

I'm trying to get ready to woolen spin some cashmere, merino, and silk fiber that I have for a very special project, and I haven't had much of a chance to spin on my Traddy for its intended purpose -- woolen.

Here's the finished product. It's 118 yards of sport weight yarn.

Untitled

There's some thick and thin spots, due to the darker spots clumping just a little bit, but overall, it's not a bad attempt, but I need a tiny bit more practice in spinning woolen on my traddy before I make the leap to the cashmere. After all, practice makes perfect.

1 comment: