Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Love at First Sight

I'm in love with some fabric.

It was love at first sight. Although, I wasn't intending on falling in love. I had simply walked into JoAnn's to buy buttons for my niece's owl hat. (See, super cute.)


Untitled

And, as I walked past the cutting table, I saw it. The roll was simply standing there, all alone. I felt my heart skip a beat. The vibrant colors, the pattern...and, oh, the paisleys!!! And, it was oh-so-soft. It was 60" wide...and 60% off. And when I went to look at the name of the fabric, it was called "Carnivale"....everything was just perfect.

Fabric Love

Seriously, how could I not? I had no idea what to make with it. In fact, I'm supposed to be on a fabric diet. But..oh, my! I couldn't help it. I had to have a little bit of it. So, I got 1/2 a yard.

Here's an photo that shows the scale of the pattern. (My glove measurements are Small-Medium).

Fabric Size

I'm currently considering what to make. So far, I am debating making myself either a carpet bag or a Steampunk apron (like the one I made for my SIL).

I also realized that I didn't get enough. So, I went back...and got 2 yards of it.

Seriously...in love.....

No comments:

Post a Comment