Monday, December 24, 2012

Steampunk Utility Belt / Apron

For the holidays, I decided to make my SIL a steampunk apron/utility belt that she could wear to Ren Faire over her costumes. She works at the faire as a shopkeep, so I wanted her to be able to have this be functional and decorative.

I've made this pattern before, and tweaked it a bit to fit her measurements.

She loves blues, so I found a lovely jacquard fabric that had her colors. It's really lovely. For the lining, I chose a cordoroy matching the gold tones.

Steampunk Utility Belt Fabric 1 Steampunk Utility Belt Fabric 2

Unfortunately, I forgot to take in-progress of the photos, but here's what it looked like before I added the snaps. I used the opposite side of the fabric to give it a pop.

Steampunk Utility Belt 5

Steampunk Utility Belt 6

And the final product
Steampunk Utility Belt 4

Steampunk Utility Belt 2

No comments:

Post a Comment