Monday, January 16, 2012

Weaving Bug -- I don't think so!

Well, I don't think I've caught the weaving bug 100% --- I'm not going gangbusters --- but I officially picked up the Ashford 24" rigid heddle loom December 30, 2011, and I've gotten 4 weaving projects done.

My first project was the simple tabby scarf in red/black marl yarn.


The second project was an experiment in colors and width. This is 22" wide and 3 feet long.


The 3rd project was an experiment in plaid (which got sewn up to make a carry-bag for the different rigid heddles. And yes, I cut my woven fabric with scissors down the middle....). This was 18" wide and 1.5 yards long.

IMG_0616

The 4th project was a houndstooth scarf in acid green & black tweed (not that the tweedy parts showed up in the finished scarf


And the most current project is a Hawaiian tartan plaid that's a wider scarf / sash that I can wear to the Scottish Highland games.

Here's the warp
IMG_0620

And lest you think I'm ONLY weaving, I've finished a pair of socks for myself. And actively on the needles, I've got a cabled tam, a cashmere sweater, AND I've spun up & plied the last of Frank so I can finish up the sleeves on a yet another sweater (that I haven't posted about yet).

So, no, if I had the weaving bug, I'd ONLY be doing weaving projects.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment