Thursday, October 25, 2012

Wheel Sneak Preview

Okay, here's a small taste of things to come. I'm still pretty much staining, sanding, and re-finishing the wheel, but I did a test run with the kate & bobbin to ensure that I have the right color combination. I really wanted a green coppery color -- something that would have the sheen of metal, but still be a beautiful green. Originally, I was thinking "verdigris", but not as teal.

Here's the unfinished portion of the kate plus a singular bobbin.

Unfinished Kate
 
Here are the color chips that I was considering. It was a toss-up between "botanical" and "verdigris".

Color choices

I went with "botanical". And I also picked up a metallic "glaze" in gold.




Here's the finished bobbin. (I think I went a bit heavy with the gold glaze.)

Bobbin


And here's the finished kate

Finished Kate


So far, so good. The rest of the wheel is still in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment