Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Squeee Moment -- The Joy of Being an Adult

I often get packages delivered to my place of work, because I don't get home until sometimes late at night. I was summoned up to the front desk by the receptionist for a package.

However, for the life, of me, I couldn't remember what had been shipped. I cracked opened the box and had an extreme SQUEEE moment. Hell, my boss came over to see why I had just erupted in fits of squee-dom...and then SHE squeed herself. (I love my boss. She's as geeky as they come....)

For this is what I got in today's mail....


When I was a kid, I DESPERATELY wanted the entire Voltron set. Heck, I would have been somewhat satisfied with just ONE of the lions, especially the black or red lion! I remember seeing them displayed at various toy stores that I walked by, but my family said they were much too expensive. (Back then, it was at least $20 for one lion, which was a lot of money).

A friend of mine posted that he had recently purchased this set online, and I KNEW that I just had to have it and fulfill an old childhood desire.

Because one of the best things about being an adult is when you can afford something you really really want.

Now, I just have to wait until I get home to play with my new toy.....(although my boss and I might have taken a small peak at the toys....)

No comments:

Post a Comment