I have many friends who go, but it is something I have yet to attend. In fact, I have a love / hate relationship with ComicCon.
- a lot of geekyness can be had there.
- Some of my favorite stars, authors, and show producers/directors attend
- There are show previews and lots of swag
- Stuff that you only see at ComiCon. (Not that I need stuff, but it'd be interesting to SEE)
- It's HUGE...50,000+ of your closest friends
- Lines. You stand in line to get in line, for the line of the panel you want to attend.
- You might only get to 1-2 panels the WHOLE weekend
- It's turned very commercial
It's a conundrum, I tell you.
But, perhaps one day, we'll make the trek to go to Comic Con, then to just say we had.