Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Cosplaying San from Princess Mononoke

For Fanime 2015, I wanted to make San's outfit from Princess Mononoke. The theme for Fanime was mythology, and what better than a Miyazaki creation? Especially since he re-announced his retirement.



For those of few of you who haven't seen this wonderful movie, I highly recommend it. Because this is a hand-drawn animation film, her outfit & accessories are fairly simplistic.

There are several elements to it:
  • The clothes:
    • Blue dress
    • White "apron"
    • Fur cloak
    • Boots -- I already own sheepskin boots that I wore for her outfit.
  • Her minor accessories
    • Earrings
    • Headband & armbands
    • Necklace
    • Dagger
  • Her masks
    • Fur headdress
    • Ears
    • Full mask
    • Half mask
I wasn't sure how much of her outfit I could get done in time for Fanime, so I went with the important and most iconic parts first that would make the cosplay recognizable -- the clothes and minor accessories.

I'll be writing up and posting my costume diary for her outift.

No comments:

Post a Comment