Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Celebrating Chinese New Year with Finished Objects

Happy Chinese New Year! It's the year of the monkey.....the year of smart & clever people (more or less).

(Image from Google Doodle)

I'm hoping to be smart & clever this year, at least with my crafting and making. And auspiciously, I finished my Fire socks just in time for Chinese New Year.
Consequently, I'm dubbing these my Fire Monkey Socks. :-)

I love these colors. It is definitely has a fire-feel to it.
Yarn: Abstract Fibers "Asia".

I also managed to finish my Leftie, by Martina Behm. It's not as big of a shawl as I had wanted, but I ran out of the blue Zing yarn, and decided that I pretty much had enough knitting on it.


Yarn: Miss Babs Yummy 2-ply in Zing! and Batsh*t Crazy.

Although, it is rather beautiful, and I'll wear it as a shawlette for those somewhat chilly evenings. I didn't make many modifications to her pattern, except for putting in a single crochet stitch at the edge of the shawl to hide all of those pesky woven ends as there is a lot of color changes to it.

 

Here's to hoping for more finished projects in the coming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment