Monday, May 10, 2010

Bits & Pieces

Normally, I'm a very project-oriented knitter and a process-oriented spinner. In that, when I knit, it's for a specific project and when I spin, I just like to spin. However, I'm currently, I'm spinning up for a certain project -- black merino & white merino for a the Musica fingerless gloves (Ravelry Link)

And I've discovered that spinning black wool is rather monotonous, and that I have to wear either light colored pants or have a light colored lap cloth in order to see what I'm doing. I've managed to get through 3 bobbins of white merino and am now currently working through my 2nd bobbin of black merino.

Since failing at my last lace project, I've been at a loss for what to do knitting-wise....despite having a rather long-ish queue on Ravelry. So, I'm keeping myself busy with small projects until I get my bearings again. I started (and finished) an octopus; I think I'm more partial to actually crocheting toys (ala amigurumi) instead.

Also, I started a dead-fish hat for my nephew's birthday (which is at the end of next month), but I figure I'll get it out of the way.

Plus, it allows me to use up most of the yarn that I used for my Cat-in-the-Bag Ravelympics project.

No comments:

Post a Comment