Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tour de Fleece: Day 5 - Photo Update

Here's a photo update of everything up to Day 5.

Pre- Tour de Fleece:

I started with this fiber (CVM, llama, silk)
CVM, Wool. Silk

that became these singles:

Singles

And I took this yarn (Jagger Main line Merino Cream)

Jagger Main line Merino Cream

And unspun some of the twist. (Note to self: I need to unspin a LOT OF the twist for future use).

Tour de Fleece
For Tour de Fleece, I've been plying the Jagger with the above singles to produce this:

Core Plyed Yarn

and this:
Core Plyed Yarn

I'm still working on the last two bobbins. And I have to say, I'm kinda having fun with core plying. It is a form of "potato-chip" spinning; I can't seem to stop.


(Previous Tour de Fleece posts can be found at this link.)

No comments:

Post a Comment