Monday, September 20, 2010

Vacation from Knitting

Sadly, I have to take a whole week's vacation from knitting. All of last week, every morning I would awaken with pain in the knuckle of my left middle finger and limited movement.

Ibuprofen cream did wonders for it, and I wasn't sure what was causing it. In previous weeks, I had this issue, but it was an occasional twinge -- and I thought perhaps I had strained it or whatnought.

But after a relatively intense knitting period of socks just before bed time (on Size 2 needles) left me wondering. Maybe it was because I started using smaller & smaller needles? Maybe my grip is too tight? (I knit continental, and my middle finger helps hold the needle in place, while the left index finger holds the yarn.

The next day, I opted to not work on those socks, but work on the sleeves of my Ribby Cardy (size 6 needles). Again, the pain was there in the morning, but not as bad.

So, I'm going to be taking a week off of knitting to let my finger rest, and see if it still bothers me...or if it's something else. (DH wonders how I'm going to survive the week....)

So, in leiu of knitting in the evenings, I shall be spinning, because I really don't use that finger for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment