Monday, April 18, 2011

Spinning Frank

Last week, I ran out of quills in which to store my one ounce singles of Frank. So, I plied two skeins and got him washed & thwacked. He looks absolutely beautiful.

Frank in Bobbins

(Compared to a Chibi)
Frankie Plied

I got about ~130 yards (+/- 5 yards) for both skeins. So, I'm pretty confident that I'll get about the same yardage across all plied skeins.

Plying freed up about 6 quills so I started spinning more singles. I just need to do 2 more ounces of singles, which would give me enough to ply for the cardigan.

(If not, I still have 1.25 pounds of Frank waiting for me)

In addition, I also washed & thwacked some BFL that had been waiting on one of the niddy noddies.

Mixed BFL

No comments:

Post a Comment