Thursday, August 22, 2013

Three-Glove Curse

Back in May, I picked up this lovely skein of yarn from my LYS. It's Manos del Uruguay in the color "Alegria" which means "happy" in Spanish. I LOVE the rich colors, and thought to make myself a pair of fingerless gloves.

I think I've talked about this on the podcast, but I have a 3-glove curse. I tend to lose one of the gloves in a pair; either in the process of making the gloves or shortly upon finishing the project.

I've had to replace one of the pair of these gloves at one point.
  Witchy MitsDashing HandwarmersHand Thingees

Usually, it's the ONLY skein of yarn that I have, it's handpainted or discountinued yarn.....and I have to carefully eek out enough yardage to make a 3rd pair.  UGH.

The other day, I finally finished the 3rd glove for my "Happy Fingers" pair.
Untitled 

Maybe I should take Sandy's advice and use a pair of mitten keepers to ensure that I don't lose anymore.
  Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment