Monday, December 23, 2013

Star Wars Bookbag

I've been busy with the holidays, but wanted to get this particular post up as it had been sitting as a draft for some time. I had to wait until my nephew's birthday passed before I could post it. According to his mother, he really liked the bookbag I made for his sister, so I decided to make one for him.

As his birthday is very close to Christmas day, I really wanted to get this finished and mailed in time for his birthday. He's a big Star Wars fan, and I found a remnant of some licensed Star Wars fabric (along with a matching color denim) at JoAnn's. Luckily, the remnant was enough yardage (1.5 yards) to make a bookbag.

IMG_3525

Taking my pattern from my leather bag, I added one inch seam allowance for fabric and started sewing.

Inner pockets

I made inner pockets so he could keep other things besides books. The sizing for the bag is 8" x 10" and is large enough for a book or two.

Star Wars BookbagStar Wars Book bag

No comments:

Post a Comment