Case in point.....
I realized that it had been nearly 3 weeks since I last sewed anything, and I was getting the urge to make sew. But, I didn't want to completely dive into a long term project, so I decided to pull out my aliens and make myself pajamas.
(Apparently, November is the month to make pajamas, because I checked my old posts, and it was November 2013 that I made my last set of jammies for the Pajama-Jam-Jam at Purlescence Yarns last year).
I ironed the fabric, and cut out the all-too-familiar pattern I had used previously (with my previous set of modifications -- elastic waistband instead of drawstrings.)
Luckily, I have a ton of elastic. (Part of my modification to the pattern is to add 2 inches at the top of the waist to allow me to fold over a waistband to accommodate the 1.5" elastic band)
Unfortunately, I realized as I was cutting it that I did not have quite enough fabric; the pattern called for 2 5/8 yards. So, I decided to merely serge the bottom of the pajamas instead of having a fold over hem, which would give me enough yardage.
Cutting, sewing, and pressing the fabric into pajama shape was very easy and quick. (And yes, I do press all my seams, even for pajamas).
And of course, the cats found the fabric scraps enticing.....
I love the colours.
It was a quick and easy project that I was able to complete in 2 hours, and satisfied the sewing itch. Plus, it now gives me an additional pair of warm flannel pajamas to wear that goes with the motley of other jammies I made previously.