Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Making My Own Tardis Bag (Part 2) - Embroidering the Sign


After I made my test embroidery piece, I sized it on my mockup bag to determine how wide I wanted the final sign. It turned out that including the seam allowances, the sign would be approximately 5 inches (12.7cm) wide and 16 inches (40.64cm) long.


Here's how it looks on my machine.


Here's the final piece on black denim. The hoop is 360 x 150 mm. I used a stabilizer on the back of the fabric. It required a bit of babysitting (mostly to prevent the cats from jumping up to see what was happening).


Unfortunately, I had to make two signs. On the very first version, the "X" of box got mangled when the bobbin thread managed to "catch" somehow. I managed to fix it, but it wasn't quite perfect, so I opted to make a second version. Luckily, the second version had no issues.

(The first version of the sign)

I made the piece about 18" x 5" to give me enough of a seam allowance to create the front flap.

Next up...making it bigger on the inside.....adding pocketsess!

You can also find more posts about making this bag by searching on TARDIS MESSENGER BAG or click on the following links:

No comments:

Post a Comment