Of course, now that I've finished said sweater, the weather is gorgeous outside...and WARM....very warm; the type of weather where people wear t-shirts & shorts outside, not sweaters. Ah well.
When I finally bound off everything and wove in all the loose ends, I found that I had a problem. I had absolutely no buttons that would work with this sweater, despite having a fairly large collection of buttons.
I'm sure there must be some a law somewhere that says you will never have the right buttons for your project, despite your overly large button stash.
So, I had to go to the store to get buttons. It's always a chore to decide what type of buttons to get. The store has so many to choose from, but it's a matter of size and availability. I eventually chose red ones for some contrast, although, admittedly, the red button on red fabric doesn't show up all that well. I thought to put contrasting green one on the red fabric, but I didn't think it looked all that great.
It's a bit longer than I had anticipated (a little past butt length), but I don't mind it. I also lengthened out the sleeves so I could add thumbholes or fold it into a cuff.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I think it'll look great with jeans or some black leggings. Now, I just have to wait for it to get cold again.