Friday, April 17, 2015

Finishing a 5-Month Sweater

After more than few months, I finally finished my 3-in-1 Sweater by Atelier Alfa. It's made with Cascade 220 Superwash Sport. It's so soft.  I started this sweater back in October 2014!!!  I remember when I could finish a sweater in under two months, but then again, I used to have a one-hour one-way commute. Now, I have a 15-minute commute and 5-month-sweaters.  I think I can live with the trade-off. (Maybe....)

Of course, now that I've finished said sweater, the weather is gorgeous outside...and WARM....very warm; the type of weather where people wear t-shirts & shorts outside, not sweaters. Ah well.

When I finally bound off everything and wove in all the loose ends, I found that I had a problem. I had absolutely no buttons that would work with this sweater, despite having a fairly large collection of buttons.

I'm sure there must be some a law somewhere that says you will never have the right buttons for your project, despite your overly large button stash.


So, I had to go to the store to get buttons. It's always a chore to decide what type of buttons to get. The store has so many to choose from, but it's a matter of size and availability. I eventually  chose red ones for some contrast, although, admittedly, the red button on red fabric doesn't show up all that well. I thought to put contrasting green one on the red fabric, but I didn't think it looked all that great.



It's a bit longer than I had anticipated (a little past butt length), but I don't mind it. I also lengthened out the sleeves so I could add thumbholes or fold it into a cuff.


Overall, I'm pretty happy with it. I think it'll look great with jeans or some black leggings. Now, I just have to wait for it to get cold again.

No comments:

Post a Comment