Because I was going to be "ripping" the dress for this cosplay, I opted to make my own dress instead of buying a used one and making modifications. Joann's Fabric has wedding type fabric, and I found the correct color purple satin. In addition, I had Simplicity 5561 in my pattern Stash
I made a couple of mockups and finally got one that fit well.
Even Sammy thought the fabric was nice and helped me cut out fabric.
My dress dummy, Esme, was a nice stand-in for me and helped me fit the dress, especially since this is a strapless dress -- no malfunctions can occur.
(The skirt isn't hemmed, so is still pretty long in the photo.)
With the dress completed, I could finish up the rest of her outfit.
The Making of....