Thursday, October 15, 2015

FO: Lava Socks!

I realized that I had been so busy posting about my cosplays that I have completely neglected posting anything about fiber arts as of late. Although, admittedly, I haven't had much in terms of a lot of finished objects. Plus, as I am knitting a lot of solid color projects, it almost seems like there's no progress on some of them.

However, for now, I shall give you this one! I finished this last month (yes, I know, I'm super late in even posting about it). I bought some self-striping yarn at my LYS. They had this colorway specifically made for them -- they wanted something with fire. The dyer came back with this beautiful colorway called "Pele" -- after the Hawaiian goddess of the volcano.

It's a lovely dark grey (for the rocks) and a variegated striped section of yellows, oranges, and reds. I love the combination of self-striping and variegated colors. Plus, the yarn is really a delight to knit.

As a precaution, I took a page out of the Knitmore's playbook, and performed a citric acid soak on the socks, as a precautionary measure. It was well worth the 5 minutes of extra time to perform this little task to ensure that the colors don't bleed, run, or fade.

Then, of course, I realized that these are also the colors of the Gryffindor House from the Harry Potter Universe.


I'm okay with that.

Yarn: Berry Colorful Yarnings - Saturated Sport, Self-Striping
Colorway: Pele -- special custom dye from Purlescence Yarns.

No comments:

Post a Comment