Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sewing for the Ball - Gold Accents

I love the color "gold", and it pairs very well with burgandy. I think it gives a wonderful accent. I found a faux silk dupioni (i.e. rayon) on sale at Joanns that I thought would work well. I bought the last 6 yards of it.

I needed a good chunk of it to act as a psuedo "godet" for the bottom of my ball gown. For added "flare" I did some simple knife pleats at the top and sewed those down before attaching it to the rest of the gown.


The gold also made a nice accented collar.

I even took the time to add some decorative stitching to help "stiffen" the collar up considerably, and add a bit of nice finishing touches.

And, of course, the obligatory kitten photo. Sammy is taking a nap while I work on some sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment