Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Giving Thanks

For those of us in the United States, it's the day before Thanksgiving. It's a day of celebration, of eating a lot of food, and being thankful for what we have...and helping those that don't.

I have a lot in my life for which I am very thankful for, and a lot that brings absolute joy in my life. I won't list them all here, but I consider myself very lucky for what I have, and I appreciate it. And I try to help out those that need it by donating to a variety of charities and causes.

Two of my most treasured gifts are my boys that I adopted back in August from Nine Lives Shelter --- a local non-profit no-kill shelter. They were about 3.5 pounds.

In three months, they've tripled in size. Sammy is 10lbs, while Dean is about 9.6 lbs. They've brought so much joy into my life. I am very thankful for Nine Lives and all of the hard work they are doing.


During the holiday season, please consider donating time or money to any of the worthwhile charities out there. There are many who could use your help.

We have a lot to be thankful for in our lives. Please considering helping those who aren't as fortunate.

No comments:

Post a Comment