This weekend, I went off to Gallifrey One, the Doctor Who convention. As there was going to be a lot of waiting at the airport, it was a good chance to continue with my Ravellenics project. I brought my I had wound up half of a cake of new skein of yarn, figuring it would be enough.
Here's the sleeve at the airport, waiting for our flight. I'm done with 5/6 cables for the main body of the sleeve.
At Gallifrey, I managed to get some knitting time in at various panels, interviews, and at dinner/lunches. There were some hiccups, including one where I had to drop down 8 rows to fix mis-crossed cable. Plus, I kept looking at the shrinking ball of yarn, hoping I had brought enough. (I also brought my Color Affection with me, so I had plenty of knitting, but I really wanted to finish this sleeve!)
At one point, I actually stopped knitting on this project and picked up the Color Affection because I was very concerned about not having enough yarn. However, I did pick it up again at the airport on my way home, because, at least if I ran out of yarn, I'd be closer to getting it done and I'd be home in few hours.
LUCKILY, I managed to finish all 8 inches (~20.5cm) of lenght with about 12 inches of yarn left to spare!
I have to say, these black airport chairs at LAX are very uncomfortable. I had to keep getting up every 20-30 minutes to stretch out. Here's the entire sleeve, bound off, along with some of my carry-on luggage (filled with knitting, naturally!)
Finished the second sleeve! And by the grace of the knitting gods, it matches the first sleeve.