Monday, January 14, 2013

Blue's Roses

This is my cat, Blue. I took this photo back in 2006.

  Blue in Repose 

Ain't she pretty?

About 1.5 years ago, she was diagnosed with kidney issues, and the vets warned me that she would eventually suffer renal failure, but they couldn't tell me when. This past week, DH & I have been back & forth to the vet office & home with Blue, who went on an IV regiment. She had stopped eating, and her kidney values were off-the-scale.

She'd stay at the vets during the day, then come home at night. She showed a tiny bit of improvement. While she rested, I fretted, and did what every knitter would do....knit. So with needles in hand, I knit while watching her sleep, in between giving her food with a syringe, and subQ fluids.

Unfortunately, none of our care helped. We took her home for the weekend for hospice care. If she made it to Monday, we would do one final call to the vet. In the meantime, she got plenty of pets, loving, and we kept her as comfortable as possible.

She never made it to Monday. She passed on Sunday @ 5pm. She was 19 years old.

An hour before she passed, I finished the last touches on the hat I was making. I've named it after her. It's the Lucy Hat from Knitscene, but in Blue's honor, I've named it "Blue's Roses"

  Blue's Hat Blue's Hat 2


I used the following crochet patterns:
and a green button for the red rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment