I am very much determined to use up all of the cat fabric that my friend, D, gave me some time ago. The other day as I was winding ALL of the 9 skeins into cakes for the "Coat of Many Colors", by Sandra Ivers, I decided that I needed to make a bag for my swift.
I kinda had a bag for it, but it was way too large and belonged to something else so I could easily identify it in one glance. I looked through the cat fabric and I still had enough of the Medieval Cat fabric to make a bag for my swift. I did not enough of the green fabric for the lining, so used a simple plain muslin instead.
Using the general guidelines of my Ditty Bag instructions, I cut out a very long piece of fabric that could easily fit the swift along with the seam allowance, and allow for a draw string top. I cut out an extra piece of fabric so I could have an outside pocket and pattern matched it the outside of the bag. (You can kinda see it in the photo below.)
It took about 20 minutes to make, and I had a very pretty swift carrier...and I've decreased the Fabric Stash!
Now, I just have to work at decreasing the Yarn Stash!