Thursday, May 9, 2013

Steampunk Utility Belt

Last year, I made a Steampunk utility belt for my SIL's holiday gift. I had made one for myself previously, but decided I needed a new one. So I found some lovely fabric that would match a majority of my outfits for both Steampunk and RenFaire outfits. (I like costumes with multiple uses.)



And started working on another one for me. I made mine a little bit differently than hers, but the basic shape is still the same.

Here is one of the pockets:


Unfortunately, I didn't take a lot of in-progress photos, so you'll have to be content with the finished products. (These images were taken with my iPhone so I apologize for the crappy images.)

Finished grommetted back:


A snapped strap to hold nearly anything that has a handle:


Side View of one of the pockets: What you don't see is the inner pocket inside the big pocket


Other Side view: This one is two pockets in one.


Front View with Snaps