Last night, I didn't have much time. I had archery practice that evening, so by the time I had arrived home, fed the cats, and eaten dinner, it was nearly 9pm. I was so very glad that I had arranged it so that I could just add the new waistband to the skirt, which is simple enough although slightly time-consuming
I basted the interfacing to the waistband, then pinned & sewed the waistband to the skirt.
The biggest time sink was having to hand-stitch the inside of the waistband to the inside of the skirt.
I had some hooks and eye closures, which added. Unfortunately, they were the wrong sizes and couldn't effectively hold the skirt. Esme (the dress mannequin) is showing off the skirt)
With the bodice (still needs trim).
I'm pretty sure I won't have time to do the corset, but if I can finish the bodice trim tonite (provided I find appropriate trim), I might have 1.5 days left to pull it off.
Things done and still left to do:
Finalize the front bodice pieces. Sew the front bodice to the rest Add grosgrain ribbon around the neck Sew lining & fabric together
- Add trim, trim, and more trim.
- Add closures:
- Add closures to bodice
- Add closures to skirt